What are some of the meaningful accomplishments NASC has achieved in the past 12 years?
- Submitted a written plan to address the issue of dietary supplements for companion animals and horses
- Developed and implemented Good Manufacturing Practice quality standards
- Developed and required members to comply with an Adverse Event Reporting System
- Developed labeling and claims guidelines for our members’ products
- Reduced STOP SALES if products are properly labeled
- Submitted ingredient definition approvals for Glucosamine and MSM
- Established communication with other countries in major markets
- Worked cooperatively with AAFCO, many States and FDA/CVM
- Been highly active in Washington D.C.
- Increased consumer awareness
- Established a research database supporting ingredient benefits
- Established an independent Scientific Advisory Committee for members’ product ingredients
- Conducted training programs for members and business partners
- Taken action regionally to defend our industry
- Established positive working relationships with regulatory agencies
- Established alliances with human industry counterpart organizations
- Presented NASC and our quality program at the National Academies of Sciences / Nutritional Research Council
- Provided FDA/CVM, States and AAFCO information for the Melamine pet food recall without issues to NASC members
- Increased membership to represent over 90% of the US industry
- Educated animal owners and business partners
- Developed an independent quality audit verification program for member companies
- And many others ...