Dear Companion Animal Health Supplement Industry Colleague:
The Associate Member category of membership in the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) includes businesses involved in selling or distributing animal health supplements as distributors, dealers, retailers, or internet or catalog companies. If your company sells products under your label as a manufacturer, bottler, labeler, re-packer or raw material supplier, or if you formulate products, your must join NASC as a Primary Supplier, not an Associate Member. (Click here for information on the Primary Supplier category of membership.)
There is strength in numbers and the majority of the animal health supplement industry belongs to NASC. The National Animal Supplement Council is a non-profit industry group dedicated to protecting and enhancing the health of companion animals and horses throughout the United States. As an all-industry association, NASC includes manufacturers, suppliers, veterinarians, distributors, dealers, retailers, pet professionals and animal friends among its membership. NASC has over 90% of animal health supplement suppliers as members representing providers of health supplements for non-human food chain animals, similar to dietary supplements for humans. Our strong membership gives us influence with Congress, FDA and the Association for American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO), and enables us to mobilize strong initiatives that are in the best interests of all responsible industry participants. A vigorous and growing membership allows us to develop additional benefits and services.
NASC actively advocates industry support from key stakeholders including regulators, legislators, media and consumers. NASC works to promote a positive message. Recent successes include:
- We reduced state-issued stop sale orders if products are properly labeled.
- We have garnered Congressional support for companion animal health supplements.
- In addition to our lobbying effort, we established positive working relationships with state and federal regulators.
Our goal is simple to articulate but difficult to achieve: Establish a regulatory environment that is fair, reasonable, responsible and nationally consistent for our products.
NASC works on behalf of its members and the industry by proactively developing self-regulation programs and establishing industry standards.
- NASC Members have access to actual market risk assessment data for 650 animal health supplement ingredients.
- NASC's Scientific Advisory Committee provides up-to-date ingredient risk evaluation and research information.
- The NASC Quality Seal offers strong recognition of quality standards.
NASC delivers the information you need to stay current with quality, regulatory and legislative concerns. This website, www.nasc.cc, is a complete resource for product ingredients, exclusive members-only information and current news on regulatory issues.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Where can I turn to if a state feed official orders a stop sale of my products?
- What do I do if a government official says the ingredients in my products are not safe?
- Could your company afford to fight a legal or legislative battle standing alone?
As responsible industry participants, we are proud of our accomplishments and are achieving more every day. However, we need your help. We can simply achieve greater results working together than any of us are capable of if acting alone.
How to join NASC?
Click on this link to the Membership Application.
Complete and submit it for the Associate Member category.
No fees are required to join NASC as an Associate Member.
Member Services specialists are available at 760-751-3360.
We look forward to talking to you.