Company Contact Info:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is cautioning pet owners not to feed their pets any of the Aunt Jeni’s Home Made raw frozen pet food listed below because samples have tested positive for Salmonella and/or Listeria monocytogenes (L. mono). The FDA collected two samples of Aunt Jeni’s Home Made turkey and chicken pet food varieties during a routine inspection of the manufacturing facility and two lots tested positive for Salmonella Infantis and L. mono. Based on the test results, the Maryland Department of Agriculture issued a stop sale for these products on August 20, 2019, preventing their further distribution. The FDA is advising the public about these products because these lots of Aunt Jeni’s Home Made frozen raw pet food represent a serious threat to human and animal health.
The products involved are:
- Aunt Jeni’s Home Made Turkey Dinner Dog Food | Size: 5-lb. (2.3 kg) | Lot: 175199 | Sell-by Date: JUL2020
- Aunt Jeni’s Home Made Chicken Dinner Dog Food | Size: 5-lb. (2.3 kg) | Lot: 1152013 | Sell-by Date: JUL2020
Aunt Jeni’s Home Made pet food products are sold frozen online and through retail locations. Lot codes to help identify product are printed on the lower right corner of the front of the bag. If you have any of the affected product, stop feeding it to your pets and throw it away in a secure container where other animals, including wildlife, cannot access it. If you have either of the product varieties listed and cannot determine the lot code, FDA recommends that you exercise caution and throw the product away.
Read the full FDA Alert for more information on this recall, including:
- What do consumers need to do?
- What do retailers need to do?
- What is Salmonella and what are the symptoms of infection?
- What is L. mono and what are the symptoms of infection?
- Why is the FDA concerned about Salmonella and L. mono in pet food and treats?
- What should I do if I think my pet or I have salmonellosis and listeriosis?
- How can I report a human or animal illness related to pet food?